Glowing Skin Secrets
7 tips to up your radiance factor
The real glowing skin secrets can get lost in the skin care myths and over-hyped marketing speak. But we have them for on this page. Increase your the healthy, radiant glow of your skin with the following tips:
1. Regular exfoliation
The foundation of clear, smooth, glowing skin is proper exfoliation. Without it, all the other tips on this page are useless. By removing the top layer of dull dead skin cells you:
- Refine your skins surface so the healthy glowing skin underneath can “show” through.
- Increase cell turnover to improve the health, strength and clarity of your skin / even out and lighten skin tone
- Stimulate collagen to improve suppleness and smoothness
- Allow following products to do a better job – serums and hydration products will be able to contact the new cells – instead of sitting “on top” of a layer of un-exfoliated dead skin.
The best exfoliation for glowing skin is chemical exfoliation with glycolic acid.
2. Vitamin C: scientifically proven glow maker
One of the most important glowing skin secrets – Vitamin C gives you an instant glow and improves skin brightness over time.
This is a scientifically proven ingredient. It is great for lightening pigment, delivers a powerful amount of antioxidants, and stimulates collagen.
Because it is active, it is also notoriously unstable. So some Vitamin C products are actually nothing but expensive creams or oils.
How to use Vitamin C for anti aging and wrinkles here.
3. Nightly Routine for Glowing Skin
A nightly DIY oil massage is two-fold for glowing skin:
- FIRST: The massage action stimulates circulation, drains lymph and water retention and relaxes you which helps your skin glow.
- SECOND – Using a beautiful oil adds nourishment and hydration, as well as serious extra benefits depending on the oil you choose.
- Two great choices: vitamin E oil for hydration and sweet almond oil for all-round skin love.
- See this page for an easy facelift massage routine.
See also: 10 Celebrity Skin Care Tips Worth Listening To
4. Sleep: what really matters
Don’t yawn! This may be on every “best skin care tip” list but it isn’t only about getting an arbitrary eight hours. Quality of sleep matters. Six hours of restful sleep is better than nine hours of tossing and turning.
And, what really matters for glowing skin is your sleep position. Sleeping on your stomach can scrunch your face and puts pressure on your neck. This results in tighter face muscles, sagging skin, blocked circulation…. all factors that can dull your skin.
Try to sleep on your back, at least for most of the night.
5. Cheap product for glowing skin: Vaseline
This isn’t really a glowing skin secret, it is just often overlooked because it so simple and not marketed as expensive makeup or skin care “miracle”.
Vaseline is a top glowing skin product because it can give your skin an instant healthy glow. Pat it over top of your moisturizer or makeup for sexy, not-too shiny skin.
It is also a skin protectant that helps reduce moisture loss and increase suppleness. Add a layer to your skin overnight and you will wake up glowing. It works great as an under eye anti-wrinkle treatment.
6. Eat food for radiant skin
But it isn’t just about fruit and vegetables. This may be the biggest glowing skin secret. Why? Because most skin diet “advice” talks about fruit and vegetables.
Arguably the number one most important “diet tip” for getting glowing skin is to make sure you are eating adequate protein:
- Protein keeps your blood sugar levels steady which reduces cravings and inflammation.
- You are less likely to fill up on “junk” such as refined carbs and sugar. This means less water retention.
- Seriously, if you want tighter looking skin increase your protein intake and see what happens within a few days.
Of course, fruit and vegetables are important foods for beautiful skin, but without the right amount of lean protein you might not see the dramatic improvement in your skin that is actually possible through diet.
7. DIY Glowing Skin Remedies
You can get that glow from within at home with the following two ingredients and facial mask recipes:
Honey Glow Mask:
This can be as simple as applying a generous layer of Manuka honey to your skin, leaving it on for 15 minutes then removing with a clean wash cloth.
You can increase the skin loving factor by mixing it with a half teaspoon of turmeric powder, which is a naturally potent skin enhancer.
Yoghurt and Coffee Glow-Up Mask
This is a double-whammy for brighter, younger-looking, glowing skin. The coffee acts as a diuretic to reduce water retention, refining your face contours and reducing puffiness. The yoghurt is a natural exfoliant and skin brightner.
Mix 1/2 cup of used coffee grounds with 1/2 cup of yoghurt and apply to your face for 20 minutes. Rinse off (in the shower is easiest, less messy). You might surprised at the instant difference this makes!