Some celebrities know their skin! These are the celebrity skin care tips worth listening to…
Most of the time celebrity skin care tips are repeated nonsense – “I drink a lot of water!”.
But occasionally some gold can be found…
Some of these celebrity skin care tips areCindy Crawford different…. all are worthwhile (apart from the extra three at the end, stay away from those!)
– 10 of the Best –
Celebrity Skin Care Tips
#1. Joan Collins – Constantly Applies Moisturizer
Joan Collins is over 80years old, and looks fantastic (apparently without the help of surgery).
For all the makeup she wears, her celebrity skin care secrets are surprisingly simple.
The best one? Constant moisturizing…
“And my off-duty face, if I’m just at home, is no base at all but every time I go to the loo or wash my hands I slap on moisturiser [from her Contra Time range], so I might put it on seven or eight times a day. I’ve got it next to every basin.” (From dailymail.co.uk)
If that’s the key to supple, smooth skin at 80+ years old, then it’s settled!
Use it: You may not have days to spend at home with your off-duty face running around your various basins, but try this:
- Cleanse and moisturize your face earlier in the evening, e.g when you get home from work or after dinner. Then before bed, massage in another layer.
- Apply a thick layer of moisturizer in the evening and let is soak in. After several minutes massage in any residue.
- Carry an eye cream with you during the day and reapply it when you can. It doesn’t matter if you wear makeup, simply pat it over and which can help prevent caking. If you can’t apply cream to your entire face all day, it makes sense to at least concentrate on this delicate area.
2. Shakira – Uses Baby Sunscreen
One of those boring repeated celebrity skin care tips is “I wear sunscreen everyday”.
But Shakira has a good twist on it by using baby sunscreen lotion.
It is much better for sensitive skin, highly protective, and often times cheaper than made-for-face brands.
Something like CeraVe Baby Lotion* is good – as it also contains Aloe Vera.
3. Tyra Banks – Vaseline
Vaseline is the not-so-secret skin care miracle that a ton of celebrities swear by, but the best by far is Tyra Banks – just check out the video clip above!
I challenge you – have you ever seen so much excitement over a free pot of petroleum jelly?
- Pat it around your eyes at night to help prevent wrinkles and keep the area hydrated. I swear this often works better than an expensive eye cream.
- Apply thinly as an extra layer to skin before bedtime – a great way to wake up with hydrated, glowing skin.
- Pat over your makeup for a glow and to prevent caking.
- Keeps eyebrows in place, gives a nice shine to your eyelids, nourishes cuticles, hydrates lips…. you can’t go wrong.
4. Cameron Diaz – Lances Pimples (AKA pops them)
Cameron Diaz reportedly uses a lancer on her pimples, followed by the antibiotic cream Neosporin, and Visine to reduce redness and swelling.
But so many other celebrities and gurus say never to pop pimples?!
Done properly – releasing a pimple can significantly lessen its life span and make a big difference to your skin.
The key is Cameron’s use of a lancer (a sharp, sterile pin works) along with the antibiotic ointment.
5. Salma Hayek – The “Diet” Celebrity Skin Care Tip:
– A 3 Day Juice Cleanse for Glowing Skin –
I read in a magazine long ago that Salma Hayek swears by a 3 day juice cleanse for ‘glowing skin’.
This is nothing new, and it is debatable whether that glow comes from the juice itself or simply the absence of ‘bad skin stuff’ like sugar, caffeine, alcohol etc…
But who cares?!
The commitment of a short juice cleanse can make it easier to avoid those things, there is no denying the vitamin boost, and it is absolutely one way to get glowing skin from within!
6. Kate Hudson – Freezing Facial Ice Bath!
Kate Hudson has great skin, and apparently plunges it into a sink full of ice regularly…
This sounds a bit painful and extreme temperatures aren’t your capillaries best friend… but she is onto something.
Ice reduces puffiness, closes pores and increases blood circulation (think glowing, tighter, fresher skin).
Try the following instead:
- Quickly splash your face several times with cold water.
- Try an ‘ice cube’ massage by running an ice cube over your face for a few seconds – especially good in the morning to help reduce puffiness, make your skin glow, and help your makeup stay on.
- Hold a ice cube to a pimple, on and off several times, to reduce redness and inflammation. This works!
- Put a gel face mask in the fridge so it’s cool before applying.
7. Cindy Crawford – Spritzes Her Face With Milk
Taking a cue from Cleopatra, the supermodel spritzes her face with a water and milk concoction.
Milk has natural lactic acid which softens skin and gives it a glow.
Although the benefits that come from a topical spritz like this are debatable, it is more interesting than simple water. Plus, who wouldn’t want skin like Cindy Crawford…
Does anyone else find it kind of gross though??
8. Beyonce – Uses Aquaphor For Removing Eye Makeup
Not only will it save you money and bathroom space (it has a lot of uses!), but it may also save the delicate skin around your eyes.
With all the pulling, wiping and products applied this area has it tough…
Aquaphor is hydrating and gentle.
Massage it lightly around your lashes and lid, then remove with a clean warm wash cloth or cotton pad.
And you then can apply some more and leave it on for hydrated, line free, Beyonce-looking eyes!
9. Sophia Loren – Olive Oil Inside and Out
Super-beautiful Sophia Loren reportedly eats a ton of olive oil – she is Italian after all…
She also uses olive oil lightly on her skin.
A very simple tip but one worth remembering.
It’s full of antioxidants, hydrating properties and protectants.
Use extra virgin olive oil, you can’t go wrong with it (just risk smelling like a Mediterranean salad).
10. The Final Top Celebrity Skin Care Tip:
Joan Collins (Again) – Permission To Wear A Ton Of Makeup!
Joan Collins rocks.
Yes, she wears a ton of makeup but also swears it protects your skin.
The lady tells it like it is. Here is a quote from her book The World According To Joan (2011):
“When some lined, red-faced, blotchy-skinned woman proudly announces to me that she’s never allowed an ounce of make-up to touch her face. Well, bully for you, ma’am, if you want to go to the grave looking like Dracula’s grandma.”
Again, she is 80years old and look at her skin!
Don’t believe those that tell you wearing makeup is ‘bad’ for your skin.
As long as it is good quality (which is most makeup these days) and you remove it properly – enjoy wearing as much as you like!
2 Celebrity Skin Care Tips That Just Ain’t Worth It
1. Marilyn Monroe – Used Hormone Cream On Her Face!
(Image By RKO (eBayfrontback) [Public domain], via Wikipedia Creative Commons)
To achieve that white glow in photographs and film back in the day, apparently Marilyn Monroe applied hormone cream to her face.
This unsurprisingly lead to a growth of downy hair – which only added to the radiant white glow on camera!
These days you don’t have to grow peach fuzz to get a photogenic glow. Thankfully.
2. Snooki – Exfoliates With Kitty Litter
(Image By Amy Nicole Waltney (Snooki-105) [CC BY-SA 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons)
You are pouring some kitty litter into Fluffy’s tray, and suddenly it hits you – this would make a great exfoliation treatment!
Is this really what Snooki thought?
Two points for acknowledging that is contains clay and the right clay can be powerful for skin.
But it is way too harsh, you don’t want the other ingredients on your skin – and do you really want to smell like Fluffy’s powder room?
And there you have it – ten celebrity skin care tips that really are worth it!