11 Easy Tricks for an Instant Face Lift
Get an instant face lift with these simple tips and tricks. Some also give you long term anti-aging benefits when used frequently, so let’s get on with it!
Surgical facelifts, botox, thread lifts, lasers… all these big-gun treatments have their place. But if you’re not ready to go under the knife or needle, try the non-surgical facelift tips on this page. You might be surprised just how easy it is to “lift” your face and improve your skin tone, texture, and glow!
11 Instant Face Lift Tricks
1. The Quick Instant Face Lift Massage
An instant face lift can be as simple as a few “massage” moves, which seriously lift whatever area you work on for a noticeable difference. This also increases circulation so nutrients and blood flow to the skins surface is improved—which means healthier looking, glowing skin!
The 5 minute massage routine this page takes you through step by step. You can lift your eyebrows, cheeks, and define your jawline. Results can last for a few hours, but the more you do it the more your skin will improve permanently.
Go here for details (and a video)
2. Magic Tape: really is magic
Old fashioned (old Hollywood?) magic lifting tape is definitely as easy way to get an instant facelift. This is a true anti aging secret. These tapes work. They don’t blend entirely into skin but you can easily cover them with hair or even makeup.
The packet they come in provides great instructions for placement. Bonus? Lifting your face with tape can help you feel more awake—if you ever get that “heavy face” feeling, especially in the brow area, you will understand this. See magic tape here
You might like: Natural Anti Aging Tips
3. The Best “Facelift in a Jar” — OTC Cream
Can you get an instant facelift from a product? Yes—it is temporary, but the right product can work by tightening the skin to give a lift effect. An instant face lift product can work – by tightening the skin to provide a temporary “lift”.
These types of anti aging products also help smooth fine lines and puffiness. Follow the tips below to get the most out of them:
- Skin should be clean and very dry before applying. Wait several seconds after drying your face to ensure all moisture is gone.
- Apply it lying down! This way gravity helps to “set” your face in the right position (up). Apply it sparingly in an upward-out motion.
- Wait about 10 minutes for the product to dry before applying other products or makeup.
- Recommended product here
4. Fake a Lift with Make Up
The video below by Goss Makeup below explains an often overlooked point when using makeup to contour for a lift effect. Check it out (5min watch):
5. Make Your Hairstyle Work For You
Your hairstyle has the power to give you a facelift, both by actually lifting your face and giving the appearance of a lift if done at the right angle.
- A ponytail that follows the jaw line and sweeps upwards. It should be secured on the crown of your head – in line with your jaw. This also elongates the neck.
- Sometimes it is the little hairs at the side of your face that make the big difference. If you have these fluffy “baby” hairs, simply using gel to secure them upwards or neaten them can provide structure and polish to your face that helps smooth its appearance.
The hairstyle that actually lifts your face:
- This version of the ponytail is tight, so you may want to use it only on special occasions!
- Lean backwards as you gather your hair at the crown, brushing upwards from the sides (not backwards)
- The tie should be at the crown of your head, gathering the sides as tight as possible.
- Aim to create a pull on the sides of your face above your ears.
6. The Instant Face Lift Egg White Mask
When this egg white mask dries it tightens and lifts your skin. In fact, it is so successful at this you may not be able to leave it on for longer than 10minutes.
The good news is even after rinsing it still has some lifting effect:
- Whip up one egg white with a squeeze of lemon juice (fresh or from a container – it doesn’t matter)
- Apply to your face with a cotton ball to avoid mess
- Use upwards strokes – be conscious of holding your face in an upward position as you do so
- Allow to dry and tighten
It will dry white and is usually too tight to leave on. But if you rinse lightly with water you will still notice a lifting effect. Follow with moisturizer and your usual routine.
7. Posture Tricks
Getting an instant face lift can be as simple as some posture tricks. It is a good idea to practice these until they are natural.
- Keep your chin slightly lifted and forward at all times. Imagine a gap under your chin
- Become aware of your eyebrows. Do they feel heavy or weigh down? Keep them lifted slightly (ensure your forehead is still smooth)
- Take a deep breath, hunch your shoulders high them relax them. Shoulders should be back and down naturally
- Use your stomach muscles to hold yourself up – tighten your core and stand/sit straight. Once you get used to this it is easy, and can make a remarkable difference to your appearance and energy
- If your face tends to “droop” naturally, try holding a slight smile all the time. Once this becomes a habit it can become your new “resting” face which will make a big difference to how you look and feel!
8. Galvanic Machine: good for your skin and excellent for your appearance
This is one instant face lift tip that also has real long term benefits. Galvanic current stimulates and penetrates skin into the deeper layers – which no topical product can do.
The NuFace is one of the best available for home use. A real advantage of owning your own machine is you can do a quick routine each day for an instant face lift, and the more frequently you use it the better the effects.
9. Sweat to Release Water Retention
Sometimes water retention is to blame for a bloated, loose, or otherwise “droopy” appearance. Best way to get rid of it fast? Sweat. Due to the movement needed to actually sweat you also get the bonus of increased circulation and breathing.
More water retention removal tips:
- Dramatically increase your water intake
- Concentrate on eating protein. Adequate protein keeps you satiated so you don’t overeat.
- See the instant coffee mask below to quickly fix a bloated face
10. Instant Skin Tightening Coffee Mask
This easy anti-aging coffee mask instantly slims your face and tightens contours to really make you look younger and more refreshed:
- Combine 2 tablespoons freshly brewed coffee grinds with enough honey or yoghurt to make a paste
- Apply to clean skin concentrating on the cheeks and under the chin
- Leave for 15 – 20 mins and rinse (in the shower is less messy!)
11. Loosen Neck, Shoulder and Chest Muscles
This facelifting tip is so often overlooked but super important. If the muscles in your neck, chest and shoulders are tight they will pull your face downwards. Plus, the discomfort and stress this causes doesn’t do anything for your skin either.
- Get a regular massage, do light stretches daily, or self-massage to keep these areas loose and relaxed. You will not a difference in your skin.
- This can also improve your sleep, which further improves the appearance of your skin. Wake up with a relaxed, youthful glow!