This page has 10 of the best ways you can use almond oil for beautiful skin:
Cheap and easy, a bottle of almond oil will last you a long time. You can find it in pharmacies, health stores, or online.
The best oil to use for therapeutic purposes is Sweet Almond Oil* because it is highly refined.
Almond oil is noncomedogenic so works very well on the face.
Because it’s non greasy it is quite comfortable even under makeup (just give it a few minutes to absorb).
Important (but obvious) note: Do not use this if you are allergic to nuts!
10 of the Best Almond Oil for Skin Tips:
- High in Vitamin E, almond oil is an excellent emollient and lubricator for dry skin. Use it as a moisturizer at night, all over your body. For added nourishment, apply a thick moisturizer over top and wake up with incredibly soft skin
- Used as a cleanser it helps balance oily skin.
- For dry skin it prevents moisture loss because it breaks down and removes oils instead of stripping the skin of moisture/water (which is what dehydrated skin lacks) For dry body skin, massage a layer over your body before a shower to prevent too much moisture evaporating from your skin
- After applying make up, dab a very small amount on cheekbones to get a beautiful ‘glow’ – for a dewy and healthy look
- It prevents chapping, so use as a protective barrier. Apply a layer before heading outside in windy/cold conditions, before swimming, on hands before doing labor work etc
- It has anti inflammatory properties so is good for helping calm eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and extremely dry skin conditions
- Can be used as a make up remover at night – massage it straight onto dry skin and it will lift away all make up. Gentle enough to remove eye make up also, even waterproof mascara slides off easily with a gentle massage of almond oil
- Massage it into cuticles daily, this helps nourish your nails keeps them tidy, adding a shine. Plus the massage action will cause them to grow strong and healthy.
- Apply a very small amount to eyelashes (use a cotton tip) and eyebrows nightly, this will nourish, strengthen, and help them grow.
- The perfect massage base oil. Use it alone* or mix 2 – 3 drops of a chosen essential oil for added benefits.