Vitamin e oil benefits – this simple oil is one of the best skin care treatments you can use, especially for anti aging and dry skin.
It goes beyond moisturizing (if used properly), and has real anti aging and skin-protectant properties.
Everything you need to know is on this page!
Vitamin E Oil Benefits
- Vitamin E is an extremely important antioxidant that is found mostly in the upper layer of your skin – this is the layer that is blasted by the sun so the natural vitamin e in your skin is also blasted, hence the huge advantage (possibly even the need) to applying it topically via skin care!
- Vitamin E has actually been shown to reverse premature aging of skin – it can repair elastin and collagen damage which has a huge role to play in skin aging (1)
- It also protects from premature aging! Because sun damage is one of the main causes of skin aging, this property of vitamin e oil is amazing. Your usual sunscreen is still needed, however vitamin e helps to add additional protection deeper within skin – the use of this oil should be mandatory!
- While ingesting vitamin e (in the form of supplements or natural diet) is helpful, as far as your skin goes it is far better applied topically. Much more is able to be absorbed topically via the skin – a factor of 10.6 times the absorption compared with oral ingestion(1) !
How to Use Vitamin E Oil Properly
- With active skin care ingredients, and especially with the anti oxidants such as Vitamin E and Vitamin C, it is not enough to simply apply anything that calls itself “Vitamin E Oil” to your skin.
- The antioxidants are notoriously unstable, and in order to do their job they must be in a form that can be delivered into the skin while remaining active.
- Vitamin E should be in a non-esterified form (AKA in its natural, free form not mixed with alcohol or another chemical). Esterified is more stable, so is more common in skin care ingredients. However it becomes a bit pointless when although it may be stable in the product – really doesn’t much at all for your skin!
- So how to keep it stable otherwise? Vitamin E Oil should come in an opaque container to protect is from the light – important!
- The “type” of Vitamin E to look for is D-a-tocopherol – which is the non synthetic form and the form that has been shown to be more easily absorbed and used by the skin (1)
- For ideal results, the Vitamin E should be in a concentration of 2 – 5 % (1)
There are numerous vitamin e oil products on the market. But as mentioned, most of these are actually useless (basically they are a moisturizer with the words “vitamin e” on the label).
It is hard to find vitamin e oil products that fit the above criteria, however they are out there. Below is one I have used and recommend – it is D-a-tocoperol and has a high enough concentration.
It isn’t too pleasant smelling (“natural”), however this attests to its lack of any other ingredients BUT vitamin e, and that is what you want!