You already know this:
The latest ingredient or fancy celebrity endorsement is not an indication of the best anti aging cream…
The truth is, most of what really works in skin care has been around for a long time – ingredients and formulas that have been proven through science and real-life skin “tests”…
So – the list on this page isn’t a “best of (insert year)” list – it is a best of ALL TIME list!
These anti aging products deserve to be here because:
They have stood the test of time. They have loyal customers (the ultimate validation!). And they have good ingredients/science behind them.
Some are almost skin care relics, others are new, some are expensive, others are under $20…. and all work 🙂
In no particular order…
The Best Anti Aging Cream – Top 13 Products of All Time:
1. Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream – best over the counter!
One of the best priced of the top anti aging creams. Especially because it contains a lot of the good stuff – hyaluronic acid, peptides, and Niacinamide (niacin / Vitamin B3).
- Light smooth texture – quite luxurious feeling and absorbs easily
- It has a nice “finish” once it is on skin. You know how some creams can feel sticky, or dry, or like they’re not even there? Olay Regenerist leaves you feeling plumped and refreshed.
- Really nice under makeup because of the above (good as a day and night cream)
- A good hydrating and soothing moisturizer to use over another more active product like: retinol, a Vitamin C serum or the Boots Anti Aging Serum below:
2. Estee Lauder Resilience Lift – best moisturizer for mature skin
Estee Lauder makes good skin care. You really can’t beat the “old school” brands a lot of the time
- A very emollient cream that smells GREAT (if you don’t mind fragrance in your skin care…)
- Good for dry skin and does provide a softer, firmer feel with use. The rich-ness of it does give a (temporary) glow as it seriously hydrates
- It really is a top choice as a neck treatment – smooth it up in upwards strokes to help this area
Cons: can be too rich if you have oily skin and ti can cause breakouts, possibly even cystic acne. The good news is this will usually go away within a week of stopping use – but it is annoying.
3. Garnier SkinActive UltraLift Miracle Sleeping Cream – best priced!
An inexpensive but worth-it night cream!
This sleep treat sinks right in and will help keep your skin hydrated overnight – a benefit not to be overlooked! A lot of dehydration happens at night – think heating/cooling, lack of water, body repairs, pillowcases, etc…
Dehydration = fine lines and dull skin!
- A “sleep cream” really is an easy way to wake up looking fresher and more plump. And at this price point if all it does is hydrate well then so be it!
A good choice for 20′ and 30’s – the ingredients aren’t as heavy hitting as some of the others.
This night version has retinol in it. This is a very small amount (as it appears fairly far down the ingredients list) however you will still see some benefit with continued use.
It’s also a hard product to track down – there is a day version with sunscreen, but night products are recommended since they can just do what they should. Be active…
5. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer (with sunscreen)
Excellent for brightening and evening out skin tone.
Another old school brand that knows what it is doing.
7. Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Creme
3 awesome things: CoEnzyme Q10, Vitamin E and Beta-Carotene
Great for: sensitive skin.
Because it is healing it is a good “layering cream” for applying on top of a stronger serum or treatment such as Retinol/Retin A.
Not so great for: serious anti aging.
9. Olay Total Effects Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer
10. Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair
A concentrated anti wrinkle powerhouse for a good price.
11. Elemis Pro-collagen Marine Cream
The main ingredient in this is Jojoba Oil – which likely contributes to its serious softening and plumping effects.
For this reason it really can make fine lines appear smaller. It’s a very light cream that has a heavy hydration hit.
This is a really beautiful, luxurious product – the Elemis Brand is used in a lot of high end spas for that reason (especially onboard cruise ships).
12. Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Intensive
Don’t make the mistake of overlooking Avon products. They been around for years and its Anew line is popular for a reason.