Tea tree oil for acne is a great natural treatment…
It is one of the few that really do work, and has a lot of different uses. One bottle of this will last you a long time, and do many good things for your skin!
Tea tree oil for acne works because:
It contains anti bacterial and anti-septic properties that work together to reduce inflammation… and acne is inflammation.
Used regularly – the right way – it can really clear your skin.
6 of the most effective (and easy) ways to use it are on this page.
Possible Tea Tree Oil Side Effects?
Used “neat” – or not diluted – it can burn. For this reason it is always a good idea to ensure you mix it with something (like a cream or oil – details below).
It can be applied neat to a pimple, but do take care of the surrounding skin! Vaseline can help with this.
It can also cause redness and/or irritation. So again, be careful about using it: mix with other ingredients and take note of your skin. If you notice any redness or irritation, stop using it.
You can see this page on Mayo Clinic for more details.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne:
– 6 Easy Ways –
Tea tree oil helps prevent infection – so using it to remove pimples also helps prevent more developing.
This fact combined with its antiseptic properties means it is a really effective treatment for acne and reducing pimples:
1. Use 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil
- Always use 100% pure tea tree oil* – it might cost a little more but won’t have any preservatives added that might react with your skin. It is also a lot more potent so the results will be better!
2. Use it neat
- If you apply it neat on a pimple as soon as you feel it forming you can prevent it from ever reaching the surface (remember to be careful of the surrounded skin, remove with a mild cleanser and water if needed)
3. Mix it with Vaseline
- If it is too much on its own mix a drop with some Vaseline before applying to a pimple – this also improves it’s staying power so may be more effective
4. Add it to your moisturizer
- To keep your face fresh and clean – and to prevent acne breakouts – mix a drop or 2 into your usual moisturizer and apply twice a day consistently
- This is more effective than buying any specific tea tree moisturizer – you can be sure you are using 100% pure… you can control the dose… and you can still use the moisturizer by itself if your skin starts to get a bit sensitive (if this happens, reduce the use of tea tree to every 2nd day)
- This is the perfect overnight treatment
5. Make your own toner
- Use it as a toner after cleansing – mix 2 or 3 drops with water and apply to your face from a spritz bottle or cotton pads
6. A clear skin massage oil
- For a cleansing massage mix a couple of drops with a carrier oil such as almond and gently smooth over your face with massage techniques – do this every night for a several days and your skin should clear up nicely
Here’s a video from a natural doctor – his first tip is to use tea tree oil with honey as a mask.
Check it out:
(video starts where he begins to mention the skin benefits, but feel free to watch the whole thing!)
By the way…
- Some people don’t like the smell – but think of it as ‘clean’ and remember the benefits it is giving to your skin!
Try one (or all) of these remedies it for one to two weeks to gauge the results properly.
YOU MIGHT LIKE: How To Use Jojoba Oil For Acne