A blind pimple is a disaster waiting to happen if not treated right (been there, done that)…
Luckily this page has everything you need to know to avoid that fate, plus to get rid of it as fast and as smoothly as possible!
They are ‘blind pimples’ because they have no head.
More painful and larger than your average pimple because the inflammation is so deep within the skin, closer to the nerves.
And not only are they painful – they are tough to get rid of!
A little whitehead close to the surface can at least be squeezed, but blind pimples require a different approach…
When Treating a Blind Pimple There Are Two Stages to Know About:
1) The early stage – developing as a red, sore lump deep in the skin – the best time to treat it!
2) The later stage – if it’s forming a head, the aim is to draw it to a head and treat it on the surface
After you’ve learnt how to treat a blind pimple, find out all about acne treatments and prevention here (this link is also at the end of this article so go there next).
Prevention is definitely better than trying to cure one!
Treatment Requires Patience and a Careful Approach…
– Trying to squeeze one will result in a big, painful mess
– Drying one out will simply dry out the surrounding skin and cause irritation
It will usually make its way to the surface of the skin and eventually and form a head, where it then behaves like a normal whitehead.
The best treatment for a blind pimple will depend on the stage you’ve found it at.
Let’s get to it…
The Early Stage – Still Forming
First, a deep red spot develops, usually painful and you just know something is brewing beneath your skin.
If this is the stage you’ve noticed it, there’s a good chance you can stop it in its tracks, reducing its intensity or making it disappear altogether. So…
YOU MIGHT LIKE: How to Get Rid of Blackheads
As Soon As You Notice One Developing:
- ICE IT. This is the single best thing you can do for a deep pimple. <TWEET THIS! It reduces blood flow to the area, inhibits swelling and reduces pain – a great natural skin care tip to keep in your arsenal
- Persistence is key – ice the spot for 5mins on, 10mins off for at least an hour. Time consuming, but it really does help
- Up your water and fresh fruit, breathe deeply and get adequate rest – it may be too late but any extra steps to flush out toxins and provide anti-inflammatory action helps
Reduce Inflammation With A Clay Mask
To further reduce inflammation apply a clay mask directly to the spot. This can drastically reduce redness, pain and life span.
If you can leave it on overnight, even better!
Plus, if the pimple is further along than the beginning stages, icing may not be able to stop it.
A good clay mask will draw it to the surface of the skin while reducing inflammation.
This means a smaller pimple on the surface which is much easier to deal with – win win!
It helps with shine, breakouts, blackheads and pimples!
A clay mask applied overnight is a great, easy spot treatment for any type of pimple.
Who doesn’t like waking up to clearer, easier to manage skin?!
Check out our Clearing Clay Mask here >>> (currently sold out! Good alternative here >)
The Later Stage – Developing a Head
It is still deep, red and painful, but it’s further along and starting to develop a whitehead.
The only way is up from now on, so draw it to the surface and treat it there:
- Use a cotton wall or a cloth, as hot as you can stand without burning your skin
- Hold it on the top of the spot for a few minutes, keeping the compress as hot as you can, on and off a few times to draw the pimple out
Once it’s drawn to a head, use your better judgement for the best treatment. Often they are still too tender and inflamed to be squeezed at this stage.
If this is the case – apply ice and/or the clay mask as above.
What’s The Best Way To Get Rid Of Your Blind Pimple?
- If you’ve successfully drawn it to a head, the white will appear closer to the surface of the skin
- Squeeze it – very carefully and only if the inflammation has completely reduced. You can usually tell as it looks like it’s about to pop on its own!