- Use this cheap and easy acne cyst remedy whenever you get a cyst or deep pimple
- Using a simple ointment you can find at any pharmacy to “draw” the pimple to the surface and quickly reduce its lifespan
Acne cysts are painful and debilitating. Some last for weeks or months. Some are so deep within the skin there’s no way you can imagine them ever coming to a head.
Or you might have less severe but equally annoying deep, blind pimples—the treatment on this page works amazingly for both.
You need a simple, cheap product we’re going to tell you about. Then just follow the easy steps.
The Simple Treatment for Acne Cyst Removal
Ichthammol Ointment or old fashioned “Drawing Salve.”
Grandma may have had a tin in her cupboard. It is an old fashioned remedy that was traditionally used to draw out splinters and boils, or to calm stings and bites.
It’s also used (and advertised) for horses, but don’t worry—it works perfectly for humans too!
How it Works
- Ichthammol Ointment is derived from sulphur. So it is black and smelly—not very pleasant but well worth it!
- It works by softening skin cells, which allows pus to be drawn to the surface (or a splinter to be removed, or a boil to be drained)
- It has slight antiseptic properties which helps with infections and clearing skin problems
How to Use it to Get Rid of Acne Cysts & Large Pimples
Ichthammol drawing salve is a thick tar-like ointment, so be prepared for the strong medicinal smell and color. Follow these steps:
- Clean and thoroughly dry the cyst or deep pimple you wish to treat. Antiseptic soap works well, but a normal cleanser is sufficient
- Apply a generous amount of ointment directly on top of the cyst
- Cover with cotton wool or gauze, and secure with medical tape. This is important for two reasons: 1) this product will stain any garment it comes into contact with so protection is needed, and 2) covering ensures it keeps contact with the area and does the job. A normal bandaid works well too.
- Alternatively, apply the ointment straight on the gauze or bandage and place this over the area. This is good if the cyst is deep, painful and sensitive
- This is best done at night so it will stay on for several hours. Plus, having black salve and tape on your face isn’t pretty…
- If you have time at home during the day, it can work faster if you apply up to 3 times in 24hours—as many days as needed
See also: How to Treat Cystic Acne
How to Drain a Large Acne Cyst Even Faster
This ointment is very effective when used with a hot compress. This works to open pores and soften skin so can speed up the time it takes to drain and heal significantly:
- Apply a hot (as hot as you can stand) wash cloth straight on top of the cyst/pimple for 30mins. Keep changing the cloth to keep it hot
- Then, thoroughly dry the area and apply the salve using the directions above
- Keep repeating this treatment as necessary up to three times a day
What to Expect
This acne cyst remedy can work overnight.
For some stubborn cysts and pimples it may take three or four days of application. But you will notice it coming to a head very quickly—even if the cyst has been deep in your skin for weeks.
Always keep the area very clean. Pus may come out and might “mix” with the black ointment so won’t be too messy—just gross.
See also: What to Do When You Feel a Pimple Coming
Should You Squeeze the Cyst?
- You can very gently apply pressure from the sides if it looks like it needs help—but do not squeeze or force it as this will cause scarring and pain
- The best way to remove any draining pus is to simply use warm damp cotton wool to clean it off, dry the area with tissue, then apply more salve
- You can continue with the ointment and bandage until the pus is completely gone
- If the spot has drained to the point of being flat, just keep it clean and protected until it heals. An antibiotic cream at this point is a good idea
- You’ll be surprised at how fast this works, and how well!
Recommended Brand/Product for this Acne Cyst Remedy:
For the best results: choose a 20% concentration of Ichthammol in an ointment or salve (here is a good product).
You might not need more expensive “acne treatments” as a tub of this will last a long time, and does such a good job of drawing pimples out. Keep some in your bathroom cabinet to use whenever you need to. A 20% drawing salve is a product that gives results.
See also: Retin A for Acne
Acne Cyst Remedy Cautions:
- If you are sensitive/allergic to sulphur don’t use it. You might not know this until you apply it, so if any irritation develops discontinue. Try a patch test with a small amount before using if you’re concerned
- This product is very smelly and not pleasant! Be prepared for this, and just remember how well it works
- Warning:it will stain clothes or sheets, so remember to cover the area with a bandage or gauze. If you are using it for back acne, shoulder acne, or a body boil, wear old dark clothes
- Always follow the directions on the product label—this page is a guide only
Suffer No Longer!
Now you know the fast and simple treatment for acne cysts—no matter how large, painful or deep they are. And remember, this works just as well on smaller “blind” pimples too.
Get a tub of this “miracle ointment” and use it whenever you need to.
More for you: