AKA “The Blackhead Eliminator”
Using a blackhead extractor tool is one of the easiest, quickest ways to remove those annoying blockages!
Find out exactly how to use one the right way in this article…
These cheap, small metal tools* are such an easy thing to add to your ‘blackhead eliminating’ routine.
They are often used in professional facials to quickly extract a large area, and are much less damaging to the skin than squeezing.
Particularly good for nose blackheads – the metal loop can be pressed into the side of the nose where no finger can get to.
There’s less pressure needed so you won’t end up with a misshapen nose at the end of it.
(See the video after these instructions for a visual demonstration)
How To Use A Blackhead Extractor
Always remember – be gentle!
1. Cleanse your face with warm water, and hold a warm face cloth to the area for a few seconds to open up the pores. Steam your face if possible over a bowl of hot water, or do so after a shower.
2. Place the loop end of the extractor* over the blackhead you want to extract.
3. Gently press down on one side of the blackhead – move the tool across the top (think of spreading icing on a cake…ew!)
– a lot of people think the loop is there to press straight down on top…
But the best way to use it is to create gentle pressure from one side, and ease it out.
This forces the blockage out as you move the tool over the top. You should be able to feel the tiny pressure as you press down, and the blockage will come out as a plug.
4. Cleanse your skin again, then apply toner and moisturizer.
5. Wash the tool in hot soapy water and allow to air dry – or wipe with alcohol (easy!)
Here’s a good video demonstrating how to use one:
How To Use It For Nose Blackheads
To use the extractor for nose blackheads, you will need to adjust the angle.
You might not be able to get the whole loop over blockages right in the side of your nose.
Instead, use the edge of the loop and ease it out, again ‘scraping’ across the top.
Always clean the tool after every use to prevent bacteria from growing on it – remove any gunk with a tissue, then wash it in hot soapy water and allow to air dry.
You can also rub hand sanitizer on it once dry for further anti bacterial protection.
A Fast Way To Remove Blackheads
Once you get the hang of it, a blackhead extractor tool* is a really fast way to remove a lot at once.
There’s a reason why they are used so much in professional facials!
Ready to make a lasting difference to your blackhead problem?