Tea Tree Oil For Acne
9 Tips To Use It
Tea tree oil for acne is a natural treatment that a lot of people find effective.
Tea tree oil contains anti bacterial and anti-septic properties which work together to reduce inflammation... And acne is inflammation!
Tea tree oil prevents infection, so using it to remove pimples also helps prevent more developing. Used regularly it can really clear up your skin.
It balances skin by controlling oil production. Combine this with it's antiseptic properties and it can be a really effective treatment for acne and reducing pimples.
Read on to find out the best 9 ways to use it!...
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Acne:
- Always use 100% pure tea tree oil - it might cost a little more but won't have any preservatives added that might react with your skin. It's also a lot more potent so the results will be better
- If you apply it neat on a pimple as soon as you feel it forming you can prevent it from ever reaching the surface
- For use directly on breakouts, make sure you dab a very small amount only on the blemish (use a cotton tip or very clean finger) - tea tree can be too harsh for normal skin and can cause a reaction (dryness, flaking, redness)
- If it is too much on its own mix a drop with some Vaseline before applying to a pimple - this also improves it's staying power so may be more effective
- To keep your skin fresh, clean and to prevent acne breakouts - mix a drop or 2 into your usual moisturizer and apply twice a day consistently
- This is more effective than buying any specific tea tree moisturizer - you can be sure you are using 100% pure, you can control the dose, and still use the moisturizer by itself if your skin starts to get a bit sensitive (if this happens, reduce the use of tea tree to every 2nd day)
- Use it as a toner after cleansing - mix 2 or 3 drops with water and apply to your face from a spritz bottle or cotton pads
- For a cleansing massage, mix a couple of drops with a carrier oil such as almond and gently smooth over your face with massage techniques - do this every night for a several days and your skin should clear up nicely
- Some people don't like the smell - think of it as 'clean' and remember the benefits it's giving to your skin!
There are a lot of different uses for Tea Tree Oil. Choose one that fits easiest into your skin care routine - perhaps you would like it as a toner for an extra clean feeling after cleansing.
If your skin tends to be dry a couple of drops in your moisturizer might be best.
Remember to try it for at least a week (preferably 2 or 3) to gauge the results properly - it always takes this long for decent effects to show when using something different.
And try it neat right on top of your next pimple - it may be the only spot treatment you need from now on!
LET'S GET SOCIAL - SHARE IT!
Love Skin Care?!
Get the good stuff - enter your email below for all the best tips:
Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil