Reducing Pimple Redness -
3 Simple Ways To Make A Noticeable Difference
Reducing pimple redness when that angry red spot erupts on your face is the first plan of attack. Dealing with the inflammation first means you can still face the world!
Treat the pimple later - right now we want to lessen the impact so you can have more confidence to get on with your day!
These 3 tips also work well for deep pimples or acne cysts. All aim to reduce inflammation, calm redness and lessen the impact.
Then you can conceal the spot more successfully, and get on with what you need to do!
- The most time consuming if you need to be rushing out the door, but worth it in actually helping to reduce the pimple altogether, which is why I highly recommend it for a blind pimple
Image Courtesy: Graur Codrin/freedigitalphotos.net
- Hold ice wrapped in a paper towel right on the spot for 20mins on, 20mins off at least twice
- The intervals are important (20mins on, 20mins off) to avoid
inflaming the skin more by keeping the ice on for too long - just like
icing a sports injury
- The longer you can do this the more successful it is, so aim for at least 2 times, perhaps at different stages of the day
2. Eye Drops
- This is the fastest way to reduce redness, as they are designed to work instantly - perfect for when you've just noticed a glowing spot on your face in the morning
- It is temporary and won't do anything to help reduce the pimple overall
- Apply a couple of drops to the spot using a cotton bud or ball, and once dry you can cover it up with concealer
- This is best for a pimple which has a lot of redness in the surrounding skin, as it won't reduce the actual inflammation itself
3. Reducing Pimple Redness With Cucumber
Image Courtesy: SOMMAI/freedigitalphotos.net
- The humble cucumber is excellent at reducing pimple redness- mainly due to it's cooling effect (nothing too special, they have a high water content and a slight astringent property)
- It works by restricting the blood vessels in your skin, lessening the redness - the same reason it's recommended for placing over your eyes
- The colder the better, so take it straight from the fridge
- Simply use a slice and hold it over the spot for a few
minutes, once it's warmed up replace with another slice for a further few
minutes and repeat!
- Or, since it's the flesh that does the work, mash this up and apply it as a paste to the area
Extra Skin Care Tips:
- Avoid anything that increases the redness of your skin in general (hot food, spices, saunas, etc)
- Use a concealer the same color as your skin - anything lighter will make the spot stand out more
- Apply the concealer around the spot and blend it towards the middle - dabbing it right on top will build up too much and again make it stand out
Next for you: Types of Pimples and How To Get Rid of Them >
LET'S GET SOCIAL - SHARE IT!
Love Skin Care?!
Get the good stuff - enter your email below for all the best tips:
NEXT FOR YOU:
› How To Reduce Redness