Pimple Prevention - The Right Way
How To Stop Them Before They Start
Focus on pimple prevention to get clear skin... Stop them from forming in the first place and your life becomes so much easier. This page will show you exactly how to do that.
Life is easier when you prevent pimples from appearing in the first place!
Imagine - no longer finding a new pimple every time you look in the mirror, no more worrying about the scars that still need covered up after the pimple has gone... and the greater confidence that comes with clearer skin!
This page has the information you need on how to prevent pimples - both the deeper 'blind' pimples and your more 'everyday' whiteheads. Let's get to it:
How To Prevent Whitehead Pimples
These 'normal' pimples form when the opening to a pore is blocked, and the oil and dead skin cells cause an inflammatory reaction - or pus - creating the 'whitehead'.
Using a product like our Salicylic Acid Daily Exfoliator 2% is one of the most effective treatments you can do for these types of pimples because:
- Salicylic acid dissolves oil and dead skin cells, unblocking pores and getting deep inside to clear them out. It's also a highly effective blackhead treatment
- As it deeps cleanses pores, pore diameter is refined so it's less likely to block in the first place. This is why salicylic acid reduces the appearance of pores and refines skin
- By using it consistently it will continuously dissolve excess oil and dead skin cells - pimples can't form because pores don't block. This is the only exfoliation your skin needs. See it in our shop here >>>
The Best Pimple Prevention Tips:
- Whiteheads can be a reaction to whatever you're using on your skin e.g. a heavy foundation or moisturizer - make sure they are oil free. Try switching to a different one for 2 - 3 weeks and see if your skin clears up
- Massage your cleanser in for at least 30 seconds - concentrating on problem areas. This ensures a thorough clean and will loosen up dead cells and dirt. Perform a double cleanse at night
- An often overlooked tip - wash your face before exercise. Sweating with the day's makeup and grime on your face is asking for blocked pores!
- Make sure you rinse your shampoo thoroughly and try to avoid it running down your forehead. Sometimes switching shampoos entirely is needed if you get pimples around your hairline
- Only pop pimples that are ready - squeezing when they aren't ready will cause them to return, and usually with their friends in tow...
That's how to prevent whitehead pimples. Start using salicylic acid on a regular basis to keep your skin clear, and remember the basic-but-vital tips above!
How To Prevent Deep/Blind Pimples
The deeper, blind pimples come from within and can be stubborn. Prevention is definitely an easier way.
If you're already dealing with one see this page on the best way to get rid of it. Here, we will look at what you can do to stop them from forming in the first place:
- These pimples are often hormone related, which is why they tend to show up in the same areas (particularly your chin). Doing your best to keep hormones balanced can make a big difference:
- Try to keep you blood sugar levels stable as these directly effect hormones. Eat enough protein, particularly at breakfast.
- Cut back on sugar and refined carbs as these spike blood sugar levels - your skin will thank you! Give yourself a week to try - you can do it for a week! - and see if it makes a big difference to your skin.
- For females, the contraceptive pill can cause acne or it can improve your skin.... speak to your doctor about any concerns.
4. Exercise to a sweat everyday (wash your face before!), this not only detoxifies and improves your body, it decreases stress levels which directly affect hormonal balance
5. Cinnamon has been shown to effectively stabilize blood sugar (Source)- try half a teaspoon in black coffee in the morning or sprinkle it on oatmeal.
Important Things To Remember:
- These deep pimples can be reactions from certain products or chemicals. For example, apple cider vinegar is a very effective natural remedy for acne for some people. For others, it can have the opposite effect. If you suddenly find yourself with these types of spots, take a look at what you've recently started using.
- A healthy diet will help, but not if there is a significant imbalance in your body. Try to avoid refined carbohydrates and too much sugar for 2 weeks and see if it makes a difference to your overall health and skin
- The right products are definitely important in preventing these types of pimples. Staying away from heavy, oily sunscreens and moisturizers (see our Oil Free Moisturizing Gel here), and using a salicylic acid product daily, will help ensure your pores are clear and skin is balanced
Pimple Prevention For Perfect Skin!
Do the steps above, and your skin will keep getting healthier and clearer. Not having to deal with pimples in the first place is just so much better than trying to get rid of them!
> See our Salicylic Daily Exfoliator 2% here, and be on your way to pimple-free skin!
LET'S GET SOCIAL - SHARE IT!
Love Skin Care?!
Get the good stuff - enter your email below for all the best tips (1x weekly max):
NEXT FOR YOU: