How To Treat Cystic Acne -
Naturally and Permanently
How to treat cystic acne, naturally and permanently? This page has the RIGHT answer with the important steps you can take to address your cystic acne naturally...
If you want to skip to a certain section, use the links below:
- Internal Cleansing/Detoxing
- Proper Supplementation
- Stress Control
- The Right Products
The Problem With Traditional Medications
Accutane, Antibiotics, the Contraceptive Pill, Pro Active....
While these can certainly work, they come with side effects that can outweigh their benefits.
They work by drying up, covering up, completely destroying good and bad bacteria, or manipulating your hormones. The problem is - they are all one dimensional treatments. Remember one thing:
Your skin is a mirror to what is going on inside your body. <Tweet This!
How To Treat Cystic Acne - Naturally & Permanently
To treat it permanently, go deep. Right to the very inside of your insides. Reset your system and allow it to heal itself. Healthy insides equals healthy skin. That mirror will look shiny, clear and new.
Let's see what it takes:
1. Internal Cleansing/Detoxing
Perhaps the number 1 reason why methods such as the Acne No More system work, is the focus on internal cleansing. This is the heart and soul of the method, and is exactly why it succeeds where so many others don’t.
How does a clogged system effect your skin?:
- nutrients from food can’t be absorbed properly by your large intestine
- toxins can't be eliminated properly so the task falls on the skin, this manifests as acne cysts, lesions, boils, blackheads, excess oil, inflammation...
- hormones get completely out of balance and this has a direct effect on oil production and cell turnover
A detox or internal cleanse is the vital first step to getting rid of acne. This will allow your system to reset itself and start working properly. The result?
Nutrients and water are absorbed properly, toxins are removed efficiently, hormones remain balanced and all this shows up in your glowing complexion.
1. It's important to prepare your body for a detox by including plenty of fresh vegetables, fruit and water for several days leading up to it.
2. You can do a juice fast - where you only drink fresh juices for 2 - 3days. You'll be getting the nutrients from the juice while letting your digestion organs rest and reboot.
3. A full fast gives the most dramatic results in the shortest time. One day is enough (more than enough!) to get your system starting to run as it should. Drink plenty of water and rest as much as you can.
4. It is possible to get the same effects without fasting, it will just take longer and the results might not be as dramatic. Cut out all dairy, sugar, refined carbohydrates, caffeine and alcohol for at least 2-3 weeks.
2. Diet Changes
The impact of diet on your whole body can't be ignored. If you truly want to get rid of cystic acne for good, you will need to make some changes - the results are well worth it.
- 1. Cutting out dairy completely can have a dramatic impact on all skin conditions, and particularly cystic acne. Try it for 2-3 weeks, for some people this is almost all they have to do to treat the condition for good.
- 2. An easy way to get a good amount of vitamins and nutrients is by drinking a vegetable smoothie everyday. Spinach, apple, cucumber and pineapple is a tasty combination - experiment with a few different ones until you find your favorite.
- 3. If you can't cut out sugar completely you need to understand the effects of it. Spikes in blood sugar levels disrupt hormones and have a direct effect on skin tissues and cells. Try to eliminate at least for 1 week, and then have it occasionally as a treat.
- 4. Gluten is a bit of a buzzword these days - but for some people with even a slight intolerance this shows up on their skin. Try cutting this out for a week or 2 and notice the effects.
- 5. It's a great idea to keep a 'food diary' when trying any changes with your diet to treat cystic acne. Notice the effects on your skin and energy levels.
3. Proper Supplementation
While a healthy diet can give us much of our nutrient requirements, there are some supplements worth taking:
- 1. Omega 3 - from fish oil or flaxseed. Been shown to have a stablizing effect on hormones, is very hydrating and good for mental health.
- Take 1500mg - 3000mg a day with food.
- 2. Selenium - this mineral works as an antioxidant and some studies have shown a direct link between selenium deficiency and acne.
- 3. Probiotics - these increase the amount of good bacteria in the gut, which is responsible for preventing infections and absorbing nutrients from food. Probiotics can be very effective for treating cystic acne.
4. Stress Control
Stress has a direct impact on the functioning of your organs. Vital energy is used up and the results show on your skin.
- 1. Taking supplements such as Omega 3 above can have a soothing effect by balancing hormones and improving brain function
- 2. Gut health is directly related to mental health - so by taking the detox, diet and supplementation steps above you might find your stress is naturally controlled better.
- 3. Sometimes temporary stress is unavoidable - before exams or a job interview, deadlines for projects, illness etc. Your acne might flare up during these times. It's important to pay particular attention to the life style factors below, and ask for support from those close to you.
5. Lifestyle Factors
These are just as important as all the treatments above, are just as important in the holistic approach.
- 1. Adequate sleep - this not only means enough hours (min. 7) but also quality. A dark room, clean sheets and healthy diet will ensure your sleep is deep enough to allow your body to reset.
- 2. Exercise - at least 20mins a day. It doesn't matter if it's a walk or sprint, broken up in two 10min lots or all at once. Just get it in anyway you can and your skin will thank you. It helps with sleep and digestion too.
- 3. Fun, relaxation and goals - while it's easy to brush these off in the importance scale, if you suffer from cystic acne there is a chance that it's been a long time since you felt at ease, inspired and motivated.
If you understand and take the steps I've outlined in this page and you start seeing results, you will naturally start feeling better.
As your skin continues to improve, set some goals that you may have been putting off, spend time with those you care about and realize that taking control of your acne is the jumping off step for a new found freedom. A freedom that you fully deserve.
6. The Right Products For Cystic Acne
So we know exactly how important addressing the internal causes of cystic acne is. But that doesn't mean the external skin care products you use aren't important.
In fact, they can make or break your results.
What Are The Right Products For Cystic Acne?
The right products must provide (recommended products included):
- Consistent exfoliation - to dissolve oil and dead skin cells to prevent blockages, rebalance skin and brighten your complexion (Check out reviews of our Salicylic Daily Exfoliator 2% here)
- Deep cleansing to remove oil, dirt and bacteria from deep within your pores where cysts form
- Anti inflammatory action to reduce redness and pain (The best way to achieve this is with our Clearing Clay Mask)
- Hydration and protection to allow skin to rebalance, stay comfortable, and improve it's long term health (and appearance!). See our Oil Free Moisturizing Gel here >>>
› How To Treat Cystic Acne
LET'S GET SOCIAL - SHARE IT!
Love Skin Care?!
Get the good stuff - enter your email below for all the best tips: