5 Of The Best Home Remedies For Pimples
These are some home remedies for pimples which work to reduce redness and speed up the 'life cycle' of a blemish. Especially good when you've woken up with a surprise spot on your face and don't have any suitable product handy!
In fact you might find they work even better than any store bought acne product you've tried - cheaper too. What's not to love?
The 5 Home Remedies For Pimples Worth Trying:
- Potatoes have a natural antiseptic enzyme which works to clear the bacteria in pimples
- Grate a small amount of raw potato and apply it to the blemish (the more juice the better as this is what contains the beneficial enzymes)
- *Tip* - use a peeler or grate the potato and apply this to your skin
- Wait until it dries out completely on your skin and remove it with warm water. You can try this a couple of times in one day until the spot reduces
- Papaya contain a large amount of AHA's and are very beneficial to skin, providing a deep and natural exfoliation
- Mash a small amount and apply it to the area. Don't leave it on for any more than 5 or 10 minutes as the enzymes in this fruit are so strong they might irritate your skin (papaya can also be used a tenderizer for meat - so be careful!)
- So simple yet very often overlooked. Ice works wonders for large, inflamed, painful pimples. Just like icing a sports injury to reduce swelling, the principle is the same
- Apply ice wrapped in a paper towel onto the spot for 10minutes, rest for 5minutes then repeat. Do this as often as you can for best results
- Once you've iced a pimple enough to reduce the tenderness, you can try some of the other remedies that may be too painful beforehand
4. Turmeric & Honey
- Honey is antibacterial and turmeric has amazing anti inflammatory properties, which make this combination one of the best home remedies for pimples
- Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of turmeric with 1 teaspoon of honey and apply to the spot about 30mins. Wash off with warm water and a gentle cleanser
- This can stain skin so you won't want to use it before leaving the house, but the stain will fade after a few hours
5. The Overnight Remedy
› Home Remedies
LET'S GET SOCIAL - SHARE IT!
Love Skin Care?!
Get the good stuff - enter your email below for all the best tips: