Glycolic Daily Exfoliator 7.5%
Extra Information and "Advanced" Product Usage Tips
Thank you for purchasing the Glycolic Daily Exfoliator 7.5%! This product is remarkable - simple and highly effective.
To help you get the most out of it, this page has some basic tips for application and use that can make a big difference. Also, some more "advanced tips" are further down- if you've been using it for a while and would like to "up the game", give them a go!
Our aim is for you to have the best skin possible. Enjoy the tips below, enjoy your product, and enjoy great skin!
Using your Glycolic Daily Exfoliator 7.5% - The Basics:
- It is very common to feel a slight "stinging" or tingling when you first start using your Glycolic Exfoliator, however it isn't necessary. It depends on your skin. Some people will "feel" it every time, others never, and others only for the first few times of use. So don't worry - it is still working even if you don't "feel" it! ("pain = beauty" is a myth :)
- Make sure you use enough - applying with a cotton ball is easiest. You want to use enough so that you can feel it going onto your skin - like you would a toner. One cotton-ball application should be sufficient to cover your face
- Optional - concentrate on oily/congested areas. If you have a combination skin type you may want to avoid drier or more sensitive areas sometimes (i.e. use it every night but only apply to those areas every 2nd or 3rd night).
- First leave it on for about 10seconds (unless it really stings, then rinse off straight away). Again, everyone's skin is different but this is a good starting point to see how your skin reacts. If everything is fine, continue to leave it on for this amount of time or increase to 20 - 30 seconds over the next couple of weeks.
- It is normal and expected that your skin may become dry and slightly irritated/red in the first 1 - 3 weeks of use. Your skin needs to "get used" to the acid, skin cell turnover is increasing, and good things are happening :) Continue to use it and it will improve - however cut down on frequency any time you need (every 2nd or 3rd night for example).
- You might notice your skin starting to "purge" in the first few weeks. This depends on the condition of it to start. This is a good thing but can also be annoying! Breakouts might come to the surface and your pores may open. Keep using it to help clear this up.
- If pores are open you might want to gently squeeze them (very gently, and only if they look like they really want to come out!) See more on how to squeeze properly here >>>
- Make sure your skin is really dry before applying your Glycolic Daily Exfoliator. Wait a minute or two after cleansing. Blot with a tissue. You can also apply a thin layer of rubbing alcohol beforehand if your skin is very oily (this is optional, as it really dries it out, but can give great results!)
"Advanced Use" Tips for the Glycolic Daily Exfoliator 7.5%
These are optional tips if you have been using this product for a while, your skin is used to, and you want to increase results. Feel free to bookmark this page so you can come back to it later!
- You can leave this product on for up to 5minutes. Keep in mind glycolic acid does the most work in the first minute or two, so the returns are slightly diminishing when left on for longer. However it does make a difference. Want to really step it up? See the next tip:
- Layer applications of the exfoliator. Apply one layer as usual, wait 30seconds, then apply another layer. Leave both on for up to 1 minute (depending on skin), then rinse off. This is much more effective than leaving one layer on for longer.
- Skip your cleanser altogether. Who needs it?! Your Glycolic Daily Exfoliator can be used as an exfoliating cleanser - simply buff onto your skin to remove makeup (it is very effective at this) and the days grime. Rinse, and repeat for best results! (I like to do this until the cotton ball is "clean" after use, meaning all makeup and dirt is gone!) There you go, two products in one :)
- As above, you can apply rubbing alcohol in a thin layer to skin beforehand, wait for it to dry, then apply your Glycolic Daily Exfoliator. This ensures all oil is removed and skin is thoroughly dry, so the acid will work 100% at its best. Obviously, this does dry out the skin so use with caution. Highly effective for oily and acne skins!
Thank you for using our Glycolic Daily Exfoliator 7.5%, this is a really great product and we hope you enjoy the results!
Try the tips above to get the most out of it. And remember, you can contact us anytime with your questions and comments!
LET'S GET SOCIAL - SHARE IT!
Love Skin Care?!
Get the good stuff - enter your email below for all the best tips: